Skip to main content

You don’t need a PhD to research for a cure for HPS!

The Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network (HPS Network) is now a recognized charity on the Goodsearch search engine. If you go to www.goodsearch.com and enter “HPS Network” in the charity section, every search you perform will earn the HPS Network a penny.

Who says pennies can’t change the world! Think about it. We’ve got more than 500 families in the HPS database. If every family performed four searches a day, we could raise $7,300 in a year. Now, think about what would happen if every family recruited another three or four families, and they all did two to four searches a day. It adds up, but only if you use it.

I’ve been experimenting with the site while waiting for our approval to come through. The site uses the exact same search engine as Yahoo – they’re partners in fact. So, anything that would come up on Yahoo! will also come up on Goodsearch.

Hey, everyone that’s been online for a nanosecond has done an internet search. It doesn’t cost you a dime. We’re getting paid for something you’d do anyway. Help us get the word out! Help us research to help fund the fight for a cure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...