Skip to main content

Spanish speaking support group for parents of kids with HPS

A message from Carmen Camacho! (You all know my Spanish isn't this good!)

Hoy y todos los Miércoles, a las 8:30 pm hora este , tendremos el grupo de apoyo en Espanol para padres con niños con HPS. Este es un servicio que nos provee el Jewish Guild for the blind. Es totalmente gratuito!! Si quieren participar comuníquese conmigo vía e mail: camachoc2000@yahoo.com o me pueden llamar al 508.395.7523. Yo le puedo proveer el número de teléfono y el código de entrada. Los esperamos!! Gracias!!







Today and every Wednesday, we are having the Parent support group in Spanish, for parents of children with HPS. This is a free service sponsored by the Jewish Guild for the blind, If you want to participate please e mail me at camachoc2000@yahoo.com or call me at 508.395.7523 so I can provide the toll free number and the entrance code for the call. Thanks Hope to talk to you soon!!!

Yes, I know it isn't Wednesday - sorry, I was under the weather and in bed most of yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...