Skip to main content

Radio Interviews

I'm just passing along this information for anyone who might be interested.

On Wednesday, January 19 at 8:00 PM, eastern, Joe Ruffalo, host of Thru Our Eyes will conduct interviews with Mary Ellen Gabias and Mary Jo Hartle.



Coordinator of the NFB/eBay project, Mary Ellen Gabias will highlight those considering a career that includes selling on eBay or training others to do so.


Director of education at the Jernigan Institute, Mary Jo Hartle, will feature the upcoming Youth SLAM 2011. In addition, Mary Jo will discuss additional programs and projects conducted and sponsored by the national organization.


To watch and listen, please visit the following:


www.thruoureyes.org


or for our JAWS users and mobile phone users, please visit


m.thruoureyes.org


To call in with a question or comment, please dial


1 888 572 0141






UPCOMING INTERVIEWS


Save the Date and Time:


On Wednesday, February 16, at 8:00 PM, eastern, Joe Ruffalo will conduct interviews with Carl Jacobson, national board member, president of the New York affiliate and upcoming radio star and Jesse hartle, legislative specialist at the national center. Jesse will be discussing updates from the Washington Seminar and outlining the ways we need to get involved and to make a difference.


The program director and staff of Thru Our Eyes are searching for interview ideas and for the possibility of leaders in the NFB to host their own shows.


Please contact me to discuss.


My contact information is below.


Great watching and listening!






Remember: When we all do, it becomes doable.


The more we try, the more we succeed.


Everything is impossible until you do it.


Keep believing. Keep dreaming. Keep learning


Let's work together. Let's make a difference!


Joseph J. Ruffalo


President, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey


Phone: 973-743-0075


Please visit our State and National Web Sites


http://www.nfbnj.org


http://www.thruoureyes.org


http://www.blindchildren.org


http://www.nfb.org


Email:


nfbnj@yahoo.com










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...