Skip to main content

Wednesday HPSland prayer requests

No one has e-mailed me with specific requests, so please forgive me if I've left off any concerns. I'm still digging out on the e-mail front.
Please pray for the HPS board of directors this weekend, and some of the guests we are having at the meeting. Pray that we will be wise and brilliant and that we will all travel safely.
Please pray for Hilda Cardona, who is on the HPS board. She just had back surgery. Pray that she heals well, and that she doesn't overdo it! She's not one to sit still for long.
Please pray for Nancy and Dave as Dave continues to heal from his surgery.
Please pray for Cesily, that all goes well with the new trial and that she and her husband have peace as they continue through this journey.
Please pray for Maria M, who as far as I know (I haven't had an update in a bit) is still in a bit of limbo with the transplant centers. Pray these issues are resolved quickly
Please pray for Maria G and Laura and the rest of their family that they have peace and comfort as Maria fights her PF.

Please keep praying for Carmen M. Yes, she's still in the hospital. I think she's going for a record. I haven't been able to talk to her this week because I've been traveling. Keep up the cards too. She truely is touched and uplifted every time she gets one, even from people she hasn't met yet. You can send the cards to the Network office and we'll get them to her.
Please pray for Karen and her family as they deal with her mother's stroke.
Please pray for my family. My cousin Shane had a heart attack two days ago. Things are not looking good. He's only 50 years old. He's in the ICU.
There are so many other needs that we can't share because of privacy issues, but please pray for all of those unspoken needs out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

Help for one of our newest HPS friends

As many of you know, I have a google alert set up for all sorts of key terms like albinism, pulmonary fibrosis etc. The following was posted on the blog of a friend of Melanie's. Melanie is one of our newest members of the Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome family. Unfortunately, like so many she didn't know she had HPS and the lung disease sort of snuck up on her. Melanie will be 26 years old next week. Perhaps some of us would like to contribute to the fund set up to help her and her family for her birthday. Here's the post: Melanie Hernandez, beloved sister and daughter to Pete, Monique, Cookie, and Bugie, has been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis, a lung disease occurring in people with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome, a very rare disease.Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome (“HPS”) is a genetic metabolic disorder. It is characterized by: Albinism, Vision Impairment, Bleeding Disorder, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Lung Disease – Pulmonary Fibrosis. With the family’s research and the recollect