Skip to main content

Ramos makes donations to the HPS Network for the sale of each book

Cesily Ramos, author of the just-released book Embracing the Mystery, is donating $5.00 from the sale of each book to the Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network. Embracing the Mystery is a collection of Ramos’s personal reflections and poetry inspired by her search for a diagnosis and experiences living with a chronic health condition. Ramos has Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome.

The book is available for purchase from http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1526943.

Ramos has lined up further donations for the sale of each book from the following organizations:
Union 28-PA
Bagel Express-PA
Sky's the limit-Florida
Mission Of Hope-Africa
Hispanidad Tax Service-PR

Free shipping is available for purchases made before Aug. 31st. Enter (in caps) the following codes at checkout.

Coupon Code:
USD $ coupon code: SHIPPINGFREE
GPB £ coupon code: SHIPPINGFREE1
EUR € coupon code: SHIPPINGFREE2
AUD $ coupon code: SHIPPINGFREE3
CAD $ coupon code: SHIPPINGFREE4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...