Skip to main content

An HPS Dear Santa Letter

Carmen posted this to the HPS adults listserv, and with her permission, I am reposting it here. I think we should make it a holiday tradition. I would only amend that I personally don't want a magazine - thanks Carmen. What a head ache! I want a nice grant for the HPS Network that would allow us to hire the staff we need, and maybe give me enough of a stipend that I no longer have to spend time looking around for other work, or working on anything else. Just adding that so you know Santa!


Dear Santa:

I have been thinking verary hard about what I really want for Christmas. I know I am a bit late, but I wanted this letter to be perfect. I have so many things; I wanted nothing to be forgotten. Sorry for the long list, but I think you can handle it: Can you please:

1. Bring Heather her own magazine, so she can be the owner, editor-in-chief and that all the advertisers wanted to have spots in it. It will be the best magazine and it will bring the word about HPS all over the world (would it be too much to asked to be translated to 10 to 15 different languages?)
2. Can you get a scientist to develop an artificial lung!! Well and that our HPS'ers have dibs on it!!
3. Can you brings us a big donor, someone that really want to adopt the HPS Network and keep us under their wing (and if they can throw a gala a year for us that would be a great bonus).
4. Can you also get a sponsor that will pay Jo-tina and Renee at the Network's office, a full time position with some benefits, Oh that would be so nice!!!
5. Can you also manage to have someone come up with a great drug so we can have a new drug trial!! This time with no control group, so all can have the medicine?
6. Can you get us an apartment complex, if possible close to Dr Seward, so all our HPS people can live closer to each other and can have Dr Seward as their primary care doctor?
7. Can you grow the biggest grape tree so Nancy can never run out of wine?
8. While you are at it can you get Ana, Letty, Karen, Noel, Toby, Angie and Fran an unlimited credit at Starbucks, and by the way, Red will be a lifetime member!
9. For Chris, I want that the Boston Philharmonic will create a great Piece called Chris and would be the opening song at their Christmas concert!
10. Do you think you can manage unlimited air fare to anyone with HPS so we can fly to Canada and bake a cake with Sheena and then take the cake over to Waleska's pick up some coffee and go have a picnic with Paul?
11. Finally and if is not much to ask, I really want lots of health and good wishes for our two Marias (Maria G and Maria M) and for Janet and Wilson and for all my dear friends in the list, Emilio, Wanda, Sandrita, Gina, Julie, Diana, Shawn, Lisa, Matt, Yeydy, Yeida, Sandy , Kathlyn, My girls, Cristal and Candice and all my good friends (please forgive me if I left out your name, that is because I am getting old and can't remember it, not because you are not important. All of you are so very important to me that I really wish Santa was listening and was able to grant any of your wishes as well as mine.

I want to wish all my family in the list serve a very Merry Christmas, a great Holiday and a joyful New Year, I really hope Santa is listening.

PS and for me I really want the new 3G I Phone , if you still have space in the bag?

Hugs
Carmen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I’m h