Skip to main content

Help the HPS Network earn $5,000 in the next 24 hours

Our friends at iGive are having a membership push for the next 24 hours - until midnight central time tomorrow Dec. 17th. If you don't already belong to iGive, go to their site at the link below, join, and do a single search using their search engine. We get $1 for every person that does this, up to $5,000. Please copy and help get the word out! No purchase is necessary. It's a pretty easy fundraiser if we mobilize quickly and everyone follows through.

We have another fundraising opportunity. For every new person that joins iGive with the link below and does a single search on their search engine, we'll get $1 up to $5,000. Please help us. No purchase is necessary. Please help us get the word out - we only have a short window. This letter exiplains how it works:
Thanks for helping us!
Hi Heather,
We know that many causes have had a hard year, so we'd like to try something new tohelp Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network that requires your participation, but is free and definitely easy.
iGive.com is going to attempt to donate $5,000 in just 24 hours to Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network and other causes. For each person who joins iGive using the special link below and does just one web search on our site between now and noon Thursday, we'll give Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network a dollar.
5,000 new members, $5,000. No purchase necessary.
Of course, if they search more (or buy something) they'll earn even more money for Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network.Right now, we're donating $.02 per search and a bonus $5 for that first purchase plus the usual percentage.
Here's where you come in. The only way Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network will get new supporters and that free $1 (or more) is if you invite them. Send your friends, family, and colleagues the following link in an e-mail, tweet it, do a Facebook posting, put up posters, shout from mountain tops (you know the drill) and let them know you think Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network is pretty cool and deserves their support, especially since it's free! You can even just forward this e-mail.
This is the link:
http://www.igive.com/welcome/warm_reg_promo.cfm?m=427355 We're really proud of our search capability, powered by Yahoo! We've made tons of improvements over the past four months, so we want lots of people to try it out and put it to the test. If they keep on searching or shopping after testing us out, so much the better for Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network and iGive.com.
The details: - Offer active between now and 11:59 a.m., December 17, 2009 (Chicago time). - New members only (never have been an iGive member previously). All the normal rules of membership, searching, and purchasing apply, our site has the details. - Once we've given away $5,000, the offer ends.
That's it. Don't forget to try our search yourself (
http://isearch.igive.com). You may need to login first.
From our families to yours, we hope you have a great holiday season.
Yours,
Robert N. GrosshandlerFounder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I’m h