At the Pentagon Sept. 11th memorial there are hundreds of these benches. Each bench sort of looks like a wave and underneath of it is a pool of water. The water runs so you can hear the sounds of soft trickling water. I think that each bench represents up to three people. They are organized by age, thus when you first enter the vast space of the memorial you're greeted by a bench in honor of a baby. I took a lot of pics of the benches.
I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.
Comments