The following recipe was submitted by Tody, and HPS'er from Israel. She sent me several that look so yummy!!! It will take me a bit to post them. I'm dying to try this one. Don't forget, if you "test" one of these recipes, post and let me know!
Rudick's Dill Pickles
Rudick brought this recipe with him from Poland. It gives you dill pickles of the sort that were sold in pickle barrels in New York City when I was a child.
7-9 cucumbers, preferably small
4 cloves garlic, cut in half or thirds
3.5 cup very warm water, to which add:
2 heaping tsp salt
1.5 tsp vinegar
1. place half the dill and garlic on bottom of jar
2. stand up as many cucumbers as will fit
3. place remainder of dill and garlic on top
4. fill jar with water, salt, vinegar mixture
5. stand in a warm place for four or five days, or until pickles are as salted and dilled as you want them to be.
6. store in refrigerator