Skip to main content

Still feeling lousy

I stayed home from work today, as ordered, but to be honest, I still don’t feel much better. Maybe a tad better, but not well enough to be going back to work in the morning. I’ll go anyway. My doctor’s note says I can have off until Wednesday, and our issue is supposed to be going to press. The newsletter comes out Thursday, so I’ve got to be there.

But, still, I feel so frustrated. I’m so behind on so many things because I’ve been so tired. Counting the weekend I’ve been home for four days – four days straight – and I’ve gotten nothing done except for a load of laundry, and that was emergency laundry. (A girl’s got to have clean underwear! Even if all she’s wearing is a night gown and bathrobe.)

My throat still hurts and still feels swollen. My ears now both hurt. I feel achy and am still coughing. Who could ever imagine so much snot could possibly fit into one head? I’m not totally sure what my temp is doing as my thermometer doesn’t seem to be working. It says my temp. is 94 – which I’m sure isn’t right, especially since I feel so flush.

The really funny thing is I’m really craving cheese! Go figure. Something nice and warm with globs of melted cheese on it.

Normally when I’m sick I at least try to do some work from home, but I haven’t even tried the last two days. Blogging is easy. I can easily write without even looking at the screen. Writing for work is a bit different. It requires looking at things and much more concentration.

I called my boss this morning, who by this time is probably starting to panic about the issue. She was very kind and asked if I had enough groceries or if I needed someone to go by the store and get anything. How sweet was that? I was really impressed that she thought of it as most people don’t.

I’m off to find something to eat. Maybe since I’m hungry I’d feel better after eating something.

Comments

Care said…
Strep is miserable! I hope you are feeling better soon and can get caught up on all the important things.

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

Help for one of our newest HPS friends

As many of you know, I have a google alert set up for all sorts of key terms like albinism, pulmonary fibrosis etc. The following was posted on the blog of a friend of Melanie's. Melanie is one of our newest members of the Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome family. Unfortunately, like so many she didn't know she had HPS and the lung disease sort of snuck up on her. Melanie will be 26 years old next week. Perhaps some of us would like to contribute to the fund set up to help her and her family for her birthday. Here's the post: Melanie Hernandez, beloved sister and daughter to Pete, Monique, Cookie, and Bugie, has been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis, a lung disease occurring in people with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome, a very rare disease.Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome (“HPS”) is a genetic metabolic disorder. It is characterized by: Albinism, Vision Impairment, Bleeding Disorder, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Lung Disease – Pulmonary Fibrosis. With the family’s research and the recollect