Skip to main content

Writing opportunity for Latina youth

Latinas Magazine is looking for young women to join its youth editorial board or to submit story ideas/articles. It could be a great opportunity for any budding writers out there!







Here's the link:


Information






Youth Editorial Advisory Board


Website: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8WBTJCT


Latest Activity: Nov 21, 2011


Share Twitter Facebook






Youth Editorial Advisory Board


Young Latinas (ages 13-21) who are interested in developing their writing and multimedia skills and getting published in LatinitasMagazine.com are invited to apply. This is a great way to get published, get your voice heard, motivate other Latinitas, make an impact and build your resume.






The Latinitas Youth Editorial Advisory Board is a group of young writers ages 13-21 who assist with writing articles for our magazine, blogging, participating in our online community (www.MyLatinitas.com) and providing feedback on the direction of the magazine.






Youth writers are selected through an application process. If you are interested in a career in media or journalism, want to build your writing skills, want to make a difference and want to get published, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.


http://mylatinitas.com/group/latinitasyeab


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...