Skip to main content

Opportunity for teachers of the visually impaired

Another item from my e-mail I'm passing along for anyone interested.....

The agenda is now available! www.nfb.org/tls







The National Federation of the Blind understands how important it is for teachers working in a low incidence field, like blindness, to find opportunities to collaborate and network. In an effort to foster learning, interaction, and community, the NFB is hosting the first-ever Teacher Leader Seminar! During this three-day conference, teachers will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and meet other professionals. This conference will include learning sessions and Make and Takes, networking with other teachers and professionals, and best practice and technology discussions. Teachers will have the chance to influence the content of sessions and lead discussions. Participants are strongly encouraged to take advantage of social media before, during, and after this seminar to stay in contact with each other and teachers in the field.






The National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute is collaborating with the National Organization of Professionals in Blindness Education to hold this Teacher Leader Seminar on January 27-29, 2012 in Baltimore, MD. This conference is open to teachers of blind students, orientation and mobility instructors, classroom teachers, students in graduate programs and all other blindness professionals. Registration cost is $100 dollars and includes meals during the program. The first fifty teachers to register will be offered on-site accommodations. Please register at www.nfb.org/tls. The agenda is now available! www.nfb.org/tls










If you have any questions please contact Emily Gibbs, Education Program Specialist at (410) 659-9314 ext. 2407 or e-mail egibbs@nfb.org.






Emily Gibbs M.Ed NCLB


Education Programs Specialist


Jernigan Institute


NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND


200 East Wells Street


at Jernigan Place


Baltimore, MD 21230


Phone: (410) 659-9314 ext. 2407


Fax: (410) 659-5129


Email: EGibbs@nfb.org


Web: www.nfb.org/education






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...