Skip to main content

Looking for blind/VI independent business owners

This is one of the items that came across my desk. I though I'd post it in case anyone could benefit. Good Luck!

Greetings Colleagues,





Business Leadership and Superior Training (BLAST+) for blind entrepreneurs is quickly approaching. I need to find some successful blind owners of businesses to highlight at this training, networking and leadership development event. If you know of any of the following:


1. Blind individuals who have recently had successful case closures because they became employed as a small business owner. That is to say, they opened their own business with or without rehab support… we need to know about them.


2. If you are a successful blind business owner, I would like to hear from you. If you know of rehab counselors or employment specialist or agency self-employment specialists I would like to be in touch with them. We have a few all-expense paid trips to the BLAST+ conference available. The BLAST+ conference will spend significant time this year providing education and networking for those who are engaged in developing business ventures for the blind outside of the Randolph Sheppard program.






BLAST+ will occur on September 21-24 at the Airport Marriott in Nashville, Tennessee. Additional information can be found at www.blindmerchants.org. I look forward to hearing from any of my colleagues on this matter. Time is of an essence.






Kevan Worley


(1-866) 543-6808


Extension 14


kevanworley@blindmerchants.org


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...