Skip to main content

Angels In Voice hold 12th Annual Benefit Concert

Angels in Voice, the singing duo of Candice and Crystal Sipe, held their 12th annual concert benefiting the HPS Network, April 15, 2011 at the South Peoria Baptist Church in Peoria, Az. The evening was filled with gospel singing, not only from Angels in Voice, but many of their musical friends. Candice and Crystal’s Aunt Judy Henderson spoke to the crowd at intermission about the girls’ story and Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome.


A free-will offering was taken and nearly $2,000 raised for the HPS Network.


Others that helped out with the concert include:


Joe Sipe on sound


Sue Jordan, who sang a trio with Candice and Crystal


Paula Dahl, who played piano


Sarah Alfaro and Jim Dangelo sang a duo


Pastor Paul Nunez sang a trio with Candice and Crystal


Chuck Kinslow, who sang two solos


Danny Steinnett, who played steel guitar


Judy West, who sang a solo


Thanks so much to the entire team in the Phoenix area for their support of the HPS Network.


To learn more about Angels in Voice, or to listen to sound clips of their recordings, go to www.angelsinvoice.com














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...