Skip to main content

Trip to Israel for VI kids who are Jewish

One of the members of the HPS Network passed this along. I'm posting here just in case any readers are interested.

Heather, This is time sensitive, so please read, call Perkins for more info, or post, but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for young folks to travel free to Israel this June! I know sounds to good to be true, but Perkins is partnering, so it may be a great opportunity. Fran







Just got this from Perkins School for the Blind: No Limits: Seeing Possibilities - June 2011


Perkins, Canada Israel Experience, and Amazing Israel, announce a unique Taglit-Birthright Israel trip for June 2011. No Limits: Seeing Possibilities is a trip that has been specially designed for participants with visual impairments. This FREE trip is open to young adults who are blind or visually impaired, high school graduates between the ages of 18 to 26, and of all Jewish backgrounds.


Experience all of Israel-from the lush north to the desert oasis's in the south. Enjoy the excitement of Tel Aviv and the uniqueness of Jerusalem - all on this accessible Taglit-Birthright Israel trip. Rafting, hiking, floating in the Dead Sea, wine tasting, visit the Western Wall-experience all the major sites in Israel and more! Experienced tour guides will help to make this an educational and fun trip. Only with the Amazing Israel No Limits:


Seeing Possibilities trip!


The gift covers airfare from New York as well as hotel, transportation, most meals and tip programming Israel. Groups of 3 or more from a COSB school or alumni association or other organization may bring a guide.


Registration opens Feb. 15th at 10:00 am ET for first time applicants and Feb. 14th at noon ET for first time applicants. Apply ASAP! Final dates for the trip will be announced when registration is closed.






Apply through: www.amazingisrael.com






For more information on this exciting program or application, contact: Nicole Greenspan at nicole@routestravel.com


Or BETH CARUSO, DIRECTOR OF PERKINS OUTREACH SERVICES - 175 NORTH BEACON STREET, WATERSTOWN, MA. 02472 PHONE: 617-972-7434 or Beth.Caruso@Perkins.org


Taglit-Birthright Isreal: www.birthrightisrael.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...