Skip to main content

Cranberry-Apple Casserole

Karen sent me this recipe. We just talked about how much I love things with cranberries in them. I can hardly wait to try it.

One of the folks that I volunteer with made this, and it is quite good. When you get a chance, let me know what you think.
Karen T


Cranberry-Apple Casserole

Ingredients:

3 cups peeled, chopped apples (2 large apples of your choice)
2 cups fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries (thaw before using)
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 (5/8 oz) packages instant oatmeal w/cinnamon & spice
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Pecan halves
Additional fresh cranberries

Instructions:

Combine apples, 2 cups cranberries & 2 tbs flour, tossing to coat; add 1 cup sugar, mixing well. Place in a 2 quart casserole.

Combine oatmeal, chopped pecans, 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar, add butter and stir well. Spoon over fruit mixture.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Garnish with pecan halves and cranberries if desired

Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The next generation with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome

I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.

Ratner's Cheesecake

Here's another recipe from Toby! Thanks Toby......and I'll get the others posted soon! Ratner's Cheesecake and plain cookies Ratner's was a Jewish dairy restaurant in the lower East Side of Manhattan. This recipe, from my disintegrating, no longer in print Ratner's cookbook, is the closest I've ever gotten to reproducing the rich, heavy cheesecake my mother made when I was a kid. It's worth the time it takes to prepare and every last calorie. Dough Can be prepared in advance. Makes enough for two cakes. Can be frozen or used to make cookies – see recipe below. 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup shortening 1 teaspoon lemon extract 1 cup butter 2 eggs 3 cups sifted cake flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with hands. Refrigerate 3 -4 hours, or preferably overnight. Filling (for...

The blog is back, I hope

  What started as a way to share news about HPS and what it is like to live with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome has fallen apart badly! There are a lot of reasons for this. Some are related to health. Some are related to time. And some are related to mental health. Finally, the last obstacle was technical. I lost access to my blog. Every time I started to work on regaining access, something interrupted the process and I’d have to start all over again. Before you say it, I know. A blog is so old school. Haven’t you heard of a vlog Heather? Or maybe TikTok? I know my limits. I have a great face for radio. I’m not particularly eager to film myself. When I do, I feel I need to spend extra time putting on makeup or fixing my hair. Yet, often when I have the time to do something like this, it is early in the morning or late at night. I don’t want to “get ready.” I’m having a hard enough time squeezing this in without staging myself. Grin. I’m trying to start with small goals. Right now, I...