It's been two weeks since we really did a 100 People Search update. Things have been busy, but what else is new. We actually have two new HPSers, one child and one adult. That means we're at 94. We also have several families currently testing. This week I also found a case report just released in a journal about a 10-year-old boy that has been diagnosed in Hong Kong. I mention it only because so often when HPS'ers that are not of Puerto Rican background try to get tested, they are often dismissed. That is four people that I know of that have tested positive for Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome that are of Chinese background.
I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.
Comments