This egg was actually intended to be an Easter ornament, but it could be a Christmas ornament too. I painted it last year and I'm sending it to the HPS Craft Collection. In Northern Germany, where I lived when I was in high school, they have a tradition of the Easter tree, as well as a Christmas tree. The Easter tree looks more like a huge branch stuck in a base - it doesn't have any leaves etc on it. Eggs are blown out (this one is actually paper mache) and painted to celebrate Easter, and then hung on the tree. It symbolizes rebirth.
I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.
Comments