I am sorry to report that the GINA bill to prohibit genetic discrimination was not included in the latest omnibus bill and this, as far as I can tell anyway, seems to be dead for the year. This means that next year, once again, we'll have to lobby for GINA. So close, and yet so far. I am waiting on news from the Coalition for Genetic Fairness to find out what the next steps will be. I just thought you'd want to know. I can't help but feel like GINA is the butt of some political game being played - why else would senators who have time and time again backed GINA, voted for GINA, suddenly turn their backs on it? Someone, or several someones, are not being straight up about their stand. I can't help but feel disappointed.
I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.
Comments