Some time ago I blogged about the National Federation of the Blind's Science Youth Slam. One of my friends was one of the adults, and one of the kids I know from Camp Fire got to participate (and is in this video). I thought the video clip might be inspiring to blind/visually impaired kids that are dealing with issues in science class, or who really would like to follow a career into a scientific or mathematical field. It's the sort of thing I would have never thought about as a kid. And, you'll also notice, there are several kids participating that have albinism! Grin!
I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.
Comments