I heard from Candice’s dad this evening briefly as Candice was in the recovery area waiting on a bed upstairs. The procedure went well. The doctor seemed excited that he was able to gain access to the tumor so easily and he believes he was able to cut off all the blood supply. That means she probably won’t have to go through this again. Please pray that all the blood is cut off to this nasty little invader and the medicine the doctors delivered directly to the cancer cells is effective. I’m sure Candice would love to hear from you all if you want to leave her a message on their blog, www.angelsinvoice.com. I"m sure there will be more details there when the family gets home and settled.
I'm so behind on posting about the trip to Puerto Rico. Since the episode of Mystery Diagnosis on Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome ran right after we got home, it's been a little busy. These, however, are my favorite pictures from Puerto Rico. I know, not pretty senery etc - but these little guys and gals inspire me. They are the next generation of folks with HPS, and if we keep up the hard work, they will live better lives because of it. They motivate me.
Comments